Sunday 10 August 2008

Crescent Rovers

Down the low levels of the Pyramid now, for an intermediate level match on Boxing Day morning 2006, Crescent Rovers versus Worcester Park, in a Combined Counties League Division One match.
I don't usually get the cance to 'drop down' to this level, but with no Dulwich Hamlet match today I could. Icould still talk 'Hamlet' though, as one of the men in black was fellow Dulwich fan Keith Slaughter who officiates at this level.
I would suspect it doesn't get much more basic than this.
I will take you on a tour, but there's not much to see!


The entrance sign by the car park, no mention of the club I'm
going to watch there.



The bar & changing room pavilion, set way back from the
actual pitch.



The pitch was only roped off down the dug out side.
Here a view to behind one of the goals. Note that grass bank,
behind that is another sportsground. I will climb up that
slope to get a different view.



As promised, not the clearest of pictures though.



And from roughly the same spot, looking down the line.




It looks as though I'm up on some sort of terrace here, with
the wooden support in the corner. not so, just a fence from the
next door field.



Through the trees...



The away dugout.



And a glance to the far goal.




And that's it! Before you ask I have no idea why I didn't take a snap down the roped off spectator side! Sorry!

No comments: